Like the name suggest there is a topic for every week of 2013, if you're wondering what they are have a look at F Yeah Lolita.
The topic list:
- 5 pieces that every Lolita wardrobe should have, regardless of style
- 5 movies for Lolitas
- What my own Lolita lifestyle is like
- Favorite thing to put on my head
- My wardrobe turnover
- My favorite Lolita brand
- Why I wear Lolita?
- Why don't I wear Lolita more often?
- 5 keywords that describe my personal Lolita style
- How I first found out about Lolita
- 3 trends I wish would come back
- Combining other fashions with Lolita
- Lolitas I have met in real life
- Lolitas I would love to meet
- 3 things I wish I was told when I was a new Lolita
- 10 facts about my Lolita wardrobe
- My first meetup
- Trends I thought I would never get into, but I now love
- Trends I thought I loved, but now I'm not too keen on
- How satisfied I am with my current wardrobe
- Plan for a trip! A week's worth of Lolita outfits I can fit in a small suitcase
- How I accessorize
- What influences my Lolita style
- What's in my makeup bag
- Best places to wear Lolita
- How I get out of a wardrobe slump
- Purses that I love
- Bloomers or no bloomers?
- Lolitafying things in my everyday life
- How long it took me to build a complete wardrobe
- Impulse buys that were totally worth it
- My best deal
- Something that I made
- Wardrobe blunders! Things I bought that I ended up regretting!
- What I thought when I got my first real piece of Lolita
- Nails to match my favorite looks
- Something that's not my style, but I love anyways
- Favorite hair style
- Most versatile Lolita item I own
- 5 inspirational fictional characters
- Fondest meetup memory
- The ways in which I fit the cliche
- The ways in which I do not fit the cliche
- How strangers react to my clothes, and how I react to their reactions
- Something that was a gift
- Parasols: Vital or frivolous?
- The item in my wardrobe that was the hardest to get
- My "signature" outfit
- My favorite Lolita print
- What's in my closet, but I haven't worn yet!
- Predict the next Lolita trend!
- How Lolita has changed me
After some writing downs numbers and putting them in a jar it seems that we'll start with topic 26: How I get out of a wardrobe slump.
This is eerily applicable to my current situation for I was/am in some sort of a wardrobe slump. I've worn my dresses several times with the same items and wigs and it's getting boring. I realized that I've been focusing on getting main pieces like dresses and headbows and neglected to get some basic pieces like different socks, accessories, cardigans and blouses. I fell in the same old trap when I reserved Sugar Fairy Cake and it's headbow a while ago so from now on I'll focus on getting new blouses and accessories to spice up my outfits, after all a different blouse can make or break an outfit. So you can say my way of getting out of a wardrobe slump is getting some new basic pieces!
Or if you're in real wardrobe slump try a different style! Get something that wouldn't normally wear, in a way Sugar Fairy Cake fits in this profile. While it's still an Angelic Pretty dress it's not the OTT stuff I'd normally pick out. This dress asks for a different way of coordinating it and looking for some different pieces than I'd normally look for to complete a coord has me left inspired to do the same to the dresses I already have.
So there you have it, get some new basic pieces or if you're feeling extreme try a new style. I see that it is quite a short answer but this is all I can really say about the topic. Hope you enjoyed it!